Monday, February 20, 2006

Knitting Weather

Well, it is COLD here, over the weekend the highs were in the teens. I made a lot of progress on my felted tote and it was nice to have it resting in my lap warming me up a bit while I knit. Oh and my i-cord bind-off looks GREAT thanks to help from Kathy's sister at our knitting get-together a few weeks ago!

I had to put the monkey bag on hold, first try on the intarsia was a mini disaster! I had holes (must twist!), the yarns all got tangled and it puckered because I carried the yarn too tightly. So I had to take a break. I'm debating doing the monkey with double stitch instead and saving the intarsia for after.

Recently I went to an Oprah taping! It was such a great experience, she is well-spoken and intelligent. The topic was health and Dr. Oz was the guest. I already have his book so I was really excited to see him in person!

Speaking of books I have now read TWO books in 2006! I picked up The 5th Horseman by James Patterson last week and finished it in a couple of days. It was a good quick read!

2 comments:

Knittinreed said...

So while the monkey bag is sleeping in it's tree, what are you knitting?

Wow - Oprah! I think it is great you were able to go to a taping ~ How cool is that!

My mom loves James Patterson. She is a avid reader - loves a great mystery. We don't read as much as we would like. During the winter, we are just to busy and tired by the end of the day, so we read mostly in the summer.

LesleyKnits said...

Ceci-

Good question! I got a lot done on my Two Old Bags kitchen sink bag. I'll have to take a pic, I'm very close to finished!

I plucked the monkey from his tree over the weekend and it's going much better. I'm twisting like crazy to avoid holes and it's getting there!