Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Yes, I'm still here...

Wow, what is WITH me? It's been months since my last post. I am happy to report that the 1st Punk Rock Backpack is complete. Here is my niece sporting it...



I am so glad to be done with it! The niece's birthday was almost 2 months ago so it's a very late gift. I felt so bad I ended up sending her a card with money!

So I still have the other monkey bag to finish (already sent THAT niece her card and money LOL) and I started on the Big Bad Baby Blanket (from SnB) for my friend Mollie. I tried taking a picture but my digital camera seems to be on the fritz. So I'll just post a link to the yarn. It's Sierra Quattro (Cascade) in #87 - the green, pinks and blue.

Other than that I'm still trying to finish up on other projects, I have a severe case of not-enough-knitting-time right now. My work has kept me busy and my son just turned 4. I've also been doing a lot of planting in the yard, I'll try to get some pics up of that once there are some blooms :D I am new to gardening and I LOVE it! So between that and knitting I've picked up two hobbies in the past year :D

Speaking of hobbies I have been reading a good book called 'The Distant Land of My Father'. It's about Shanghai in the 30s.

Well, I have to make a dent in my work today before I pick up the kids. Hopefully I'll have a productive evening of knitting and some pictures to show for it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is a bummer when work and life get in the way of knitting. I just started Spanish classes 3 nights a week and all I can think is that is 6 hours less a week that I have to knit.

Anonymous said...

cute :)..

Knittinreed said...

Nice job! Glad to see you are back......

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I live in Naperville and am going to China too, in September. Were you able to find out any names of yarn stores in Beijing and Shanghai? Please share.
Thanks
checkerboardsquare2hotmail.com

LesleyKnits said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.