Thursday, December 13, 2007

Basic Cable

My winter hat is done! I finished up last night and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I read comments on Ravelry about it and with all the too-small remarks I decided to do 6 pattern repeats instead of 4. It definitely covers my ears now!



Pattern: Basic Cable from Stitch n Bitch Nation
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted in Onyx
Needles: US7 and US8 Denises

I am sorry to say that poor Branching Out is in hibernation mode :( I haven't even picked it up except to steal the needles for a new project. Yes, startitis has hit BAD. I have been wanting to do Mr. Greenjeans and now it is begun! I picked up some Malabrigo Merino Worsted at Wool and Company the other day and cast on Greenjeans, well, actually Tealjeans. I am in love with this yarn already - it is soft and gorgeous!

I also picked up some new yarns recently. Fringe Knitting in Aurora is unfortunately going out of business - but from what I understand about the closing, the silver lining is that their Dream in Color yarn has gotten so popular that running the store is no longer feasible. So I went to the first day of the going out of business sale (which was crazy busy!) and picked up these:



The first two pics are Cherry Tree Hill Potluck Supersock which I love love love! The last pic is what was labeled as Dream in Color remnants. I loved the colors - greens and purples - and I'm thinking that those two hanks will make a good scarf - either Here and There Cables or My So-Called Scarf.

Oh, btw, the Namaste bag is AWESOME!! I love how roomy it is and a lot of people have complimented me on it not realizing it's a knitting bag :)

Time to get the kids ready for school...

2 comments:

Knittinreed said...

Great hat!

I can't wait to see your Mr. Greenjeans. I am working on my no. 2 (this one for Mom.)

Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Virtuous said...

Thanks for coming by to visit my blog and chime in!

If you send me your e-mail addy I could respond to you directly. I am at: crimsondiva1999@yahoo.com

Indeed it is a great hat!

Hope to see everyone around here again soon!