Monday, January 30, 2006

Christmas in January

Yes, we celebrated Christmas last night, kind of. My friend Rachel hosted an ornament exchange/cocktail evening/dinner at her house last night. We really had such a good time! I finished my ornament yesterday and here it is...



It was so funny, someone opened it and everyone was like "umm" and then when they found out I knit it they were like "Oh so cute!" Ha! I got a really cute snowman ornament from my friend Jill to add to my tree.

So I'm realizing how bad I've been about reading since I began knitting. I haven't read nearly as much lately - as of right now I have finished ONE book in 2006. Ugh! And the book I read was "A Million Little Pieces" so I feel like I have to read something non-controversial now. My book group picked "The Kite Runner" so I started on that one. I noticed that it does say fiction on it so there's no question! Honestly I wasn't surprised by the fact that AMLP wasn't all true. I mean between the root canal and the fact that he was recollecting events in such detail as he was detoxing I was skeptical. I did watch when he was on Oprah last week and although I don't feel like I was "duped" I was really annoyed by James Frey. He just sat there and barely said a word. He really should have had more to say. At this point he should have just come clean and said why he "altered details".

No comments: