Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Done and done!

My daughter's sweater is finally done! I have been wrestling with it for 4 months and finally have it completed with a few minor changes. First, I could not for the LIFE of me figured out the buttonhole row and after frogging that row 10 times I decided the sweater would be button-free. Funny thing about that is that when I tried the sweater on Kyra the other night the first thing she did was pull it together and try to button it! I was in tears laughing so hard at her attempts! The other thing that changed was the collar. It should have folded over but I got so sick of the ribbed trim that it is now a short collar. Sooooo, without further ado here is the sweater...



So now that I'm free of that sweater (at least until I attempt another one) I'm off to new things. I had a trip to the LYS yesterday (Wool and Company in Geneva) and picked up a skein of Cascade 220 in charcoal. I already have two skeins of Cascade 220 in Garnet and I'm going to make the Two Old Bags kitchen sink bag with them. It'll be my foray into the felting world.

I also picked up a skein of green Cotton Fleece to make my son these adorable little dinosaurs. Aren't they cute? He loves dinosaurs and since I made Kyra the sweater he's been asking what I'm going to knit for him. I just bought the one skein and I'm going to give the brontosaurus a try first.

Since the whole DPN thing clicked for me I've been fascinated with making socks. On whim I picked up a ball of Lion Brand Magic Stripe sock yarn and now I'm making the first sock with them. I'll post a picture another time, I just realized the ones I put on the computer are fuzzy but I think I have a better picture on the camera downstairs.

Last note: my sister learned to knit! She recently took a class with her friend and she's making a scarf! It's looking really good and I'm so excited that we have yet another thing in common. We're very close anyhow and now we can knit while we hang out!

Okay, gotta go get ready for the day. We have a playdate this morning with my good friend Mollie and her little girl!

Lesley

2 comments:

Knittinreed said...

What a sweet sweater - not to mention your adorable daughter!
Thanks for sharing with us all.

Unknown said...

Hi Lesley,
Thanks for your comments on my blog! First of all: you learn very quick in the knitting world! And second: what a beautifull children you have, they look very happy! Thanks for the pattern of the dinosaurs, really nice.
And did you started already with the socks? I really love selfstriping yarn! Sorry for my very bad english writing :(. But I think you'll understand!
Ajoursteek