Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Irish Hiking Scarf

I just realized I haven't posted in a while, probably because I've been wrestling with DD's sweater. I think I chose a pattern with too many new things to learn and right now I'm pulling my hair out over a ribbed border with buttonholes. I've decided to just make both sides ribbed and buy snaps to sew on. I'll leave the buttonhole lesson for another project!

Here is the Irish Hiking Scarf I made my mom for Christmas.



I'm really happy with how it turned out and my mom seemed to like it too!

DH has requested that I knit him an afghan. I have the Ombre Alpaca Blanket in mind but the yarn cost would be $200+. Being a newbie knitter I have not spent anywhere NEAR that amount for yarn for a single project. I keep trying to tell myself that we'd have the afghan for decades to come and that it's probably not worth the headache to seek out substitute yarn. I think this whole DD sweater fiasco has me spooked or something.

Well, the holidays have passed once again and a new year has started. I'm trying to be better about using our treadmill (v. cliche, isn't it?) but the kids keep getting up at 4:30-5 a.m. so it's been hard to get the fitness program started! I'm ready to be a healthier person and that means some habit-changing. No more eating the kids' snacks and no more laying in bed til they wake up! I need fruits and veggies and exercise :D

Okay, that's all for now, hopefully I'll have DD's sweater done soon!

2 comments:

Nik said...

Don't you love it when your loved ones specifically request stuff? and that afghan that you've chosen is a nice one for a man. And I'm in love with the cabled scarf.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your scarf! I can see this for my sweet husband for Christmas or birthday. Thank you for the great idea!