Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy holidays!

Wow, I can't believe another holiday season is upon us! I'm wondering how Christmas day will go since it's the first since my dad passed away.

I'm STILL working on the Irish Hiking Scarf! I'm into the 2nd skein of yarn so I'm more than halfway done. Still, I'll have to work hard to get it done in time for Sunday.

Here's a picture of the sweater I'm working on for my daughter. I started it in September but I keep getting sidetracked with other stuff. It's a Sirdar pattern and Sirdar yarn. I really like the yarn, it knits up very nicely. I just hope I finish before she outgrows it! I just have one sleeve left and some border stuff to do.















Well, I better get going, still some gifts to wrap and of course there's the ever-present laundry/dirty dishes/toys all over the place.

6 comments:

Knittinreed said...

Nice work on your Irish Hiking scarf and the sweater too.

I wish you the love and peace on Christmas - you have my sincere sympathy in the passing your your dad. It will feel wierd without him - (speaking from my humble experience).

I am headed up to Mom's in a few weeks for a memorial service for my dad.

I hope you make it through the holidays easily. Do nice things for yourself.

Ceci (from KR)

Pixiepurls said...

yay, looks great!

Nik said...

I LOVE drop stitch scarves. They add interest to boring stockinette or garter stitched scarves. I made one for a craft fair and I fell in love with the look. Yours looks good.

Nik said...

Oh, and I wanted to tell you that I'm originally from Chicago. I have a cousin who lives in Bellwood and one who lives in Berkeley, Il. I think you might know where those are since you live in the west suburbs. I grew up on the South Side of Chicago.

Welcome to the blogging world.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! I'm always so excited when anyone actually takes the time to read my blog. Your blog looks great, and your knitting is fantastic!

Love,
Lis

LesleyKnits said...

Thanks for the comments!

Ceci, I hope your Christmas was a good one. My sibs and I actually had a few good laughs remembering my dad (we were playing euchre and he was always a huge risk-taker when he would play with us).

Nik, great site, I love the bling purse! Yes, I know where those burbs are, I take the Metra in when I go to the city and those are two of the stops on my route.